I am a Lecturer in English and Writing at James Cook University, Cairns: https://research.jcu.edu.au/portfolio/roger.osborne/
I am co-editor of the Cambridge Edition of Joseph Conrad’s Under Western Eyes (published 10 October 2013), and editor of the Joseph Furphy Digital Archive. My edition of Joseph Conrad’s Nostromo is scheduled for publication in 2020.
I have published widely in the field of book history, and with David Carter, published Australian Books and Authors in the American Marketplace, 1840s–1940s in 2018, the first of two volumes.
This blog presents a record of my plans, successes, failures, and changes in direction.
- RT @ALSjournal: It is with great sadness that we mark the death of our foundation editor, Laurie Hergenhan. Laurie edited ALS from 1963 to… 18 hours ago
- RT @CraigMunroEdits: My good friend Laurie Hergenhan died on Sunday morning. He was my Aust Lit lecturer in 1972 and later my PhD superviso… 1 day ago
- RT @gorgeouspalaces: My wonderful panel ‘mates’. I was there too, just not in the photographic evidence! twitter.com/BSA2019/status… 2 days ago
- Creatives in the country? Blockchain and agtech can create unexpected jobs in regional Australia theconversation.com/creatives-in-t… 2 days ago
- RT @CraigMunroEdits: Yes. It’s nothing but a romantic myth that books somehow spring fully formed from an author’s pen. https://t.co/Ggevl5… 2 days ago
Tom Collins and Company on Flickr